Translate

lunedì 31 marzo 2014

Italian inspiration for Australian fashion designer Alannah Hill

An interesting road to drive and fine fashions provide a serious lift for this Australian designer.



By an intresting interview made by Chanel Parratt, Escape, posted on the Australian Couriermail website in march, 29


Fearless fashion designer Alannah Hill is once again ready to leave a well-heeled footprint on the Australian fashion scene.
Six months after walking away from her 17-year-partnership with fashion empire Factory X, which also saw Hill lose the rights to her own name, the Australian designer is ready for her next challenge.
Hill, who says travel forms a big part of her creative inspiration, is launching her new online boutique “Louise Love” with a limited range of her distinct style of clothing available mid-year.
Favourite place to travel in Australia? Why?
AH:I love a good drive. The Great Ocean Road, I love how the wind and weather conspire to blow a gale all year round, keeping the road desolate and divine.
How about overseas?
AH:The coastal roads and mountain passes of Italy. I love New York and Tokyo too but Italy seems to be the place where, as corny as it sounds, the architecture, the history, the whole vibe of Italy sends me wild.
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten while travelling?
AH: I remember eating a ham and cheese panini from a cafe in Sienna which was so perfect that I ate three in 10 minutes.
If you could go on a fashion-inspired holiday anywhere in the world, where would you go?
AH: I’d time travel back to Milan in the early 1950s and sweep through the fashion houses with a caravan of porters to carry me and all my treasures around.
Do you collect souvenirs?
AH: I started a little collection of snow domes for my 12-year-old son Edward that he would proudly display on his bedside table.
I noticed the other day they have been hidden as apparently they are uncool.
He mentioned that he didn’t really require any more of my snow domes and he patted my head and said “You should buy the snow domes for yourself now mum.”
I have since placed all the snow domes back on the bedside table. He hasn’t seemed to have noticed as he is very busy on his iPad.
Has anything gone wrong while you have been travelling?
AH: Oh things go wrong all the time but the most alarming one was when I woke up in the middle of the night to a drunk Japanese man taking a shower and singing, very badly, in my hotel room.
I’d left my door unlocked and he believed it was his room. He didn’t speak English, I don’t speak Japanese but the message was clear. He insisted that his business friends must have hired me as a gift to him and that I had to get in the shower with him and perform as I was his gift (laughs).
Thankfully the hotel manager saved the night.
Is there anything you can’t travel without?
AH: So many things. A Volupsa Candle, all my make-up, heated hair rollers, Final Net hairspray, teasing combs, satin vintage slips, pictures of my son Edward, a love letter from my boyfriend and a homemade chocolate cake.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento