lunedì 16 giugno 2014

Suspect in 2010 teen murder identified

Yara Gambirasio vanished after gymnastic practice

(ANSA) - Rome, June 16 - Police have identified a man suspected of killing schoolgirl Yara Gambirasio in 2010, Interior Minister Angelino Alfano said Monday.

The suspect is Massimo Giuseppe Bossetti, a 44-year-old construction worker with no criminal record, sources said. Gambirasio, 13, vanished on her way home from gymnastics practice in November 2010. Her body was found three months later in a vacant lot 10 kilometers away. Alfano said he wanted to "thank everyone (for the) expertise and passion invested in the difficult search for this brutal murderer who, finally, is no longer faceless".

The breakthrough comes after DNA testing of the local population as part of a bid to find the killer. Last month investigators said the tests showed that the killer was the illegitimate child of a bus driver who died in 1999. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento