Translate

venerdì 18 aprile 2014

Sollecito explains why he returned to scene of Kercher crime

'Nothing exceptional happened to me there' says Knox's ex



(ANSA) - Perugia, April 18 - Raffaele Sollecito, who has been convicted with co-defendant Amanda Knox of murdering Meredith Kercher in 2007, on Friday explained why he took his current girlfriend to the scene of the crime while on a tour of Perugia.

"I was just showing my girlfriend the places in Perugia where I spent three years of life. That's how we ended up on Via della Pergola," Sollecito told ANSA. Kercher shared a flat with Knox on Via della Pergola, and was raped and murdered in her bedroom there. "That place has no particular meaning for me, because I did not experience anything transcendental there," Sollecito continued. "The night of the murder, I was not there".

Sollecito went on to explain that before Kercher was slain, student life had been good. "What was alleged after that has nothing to do with me. It is a version of events invented by others".

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento